Custom Search

Episode 37: I had to find a job

DAVID tells his story

ANNE
What happened? Why did you stop writing?

DAVID
I started my course at University. It was very difficult. Computer science isn’t for me.

ANNE
Did you fail your exams?

DAVID
Yes. I let everyone down. I just wanted to die. Dad must be so angry.

ANNE
He’s just worried about you, David.

DAVID
I didn’t know what to do. I was so confused. I had to find a job. I couldn’t use father’s money any more. So, I applied for a job at the Markets. Phil was very kind. He agreed to give me a job if I could get a working visa.

ANNE
How did you?

DAVID
I went home and applied for it.

ANNE
You mean you went back to Singapore?

DAVID
Yes. I was too ashamed to see anyone. I’m such a failure.
ROSE takes David’s hand.

ROSE
I don’t think you’re a failure.

DAVID
Anyway, I returned here, and I started work. I met Rose, we moved in together, and, well, then Sam came along.

STEVE
It’s an amazing story.

SARAH
I think it’s wonderful.

DAVID
Mum and dad won’t think it’s that wonderful.

ANNE
They’ll be so relieved you’re safe. We didn’t know what to think, David.


Custom Search

  ©Copyright by English 4 Student 2010. Contact us Advertising Send Articles Gửi Bài

Back to TOP