Custom Search

Episode 39: How could you?

DAVID talks to his father.

DAVID
Hello Dad? It’s me, David.

NORMAN
Do you realise how worried we’ve been?

DAVID (V.O.)
Yes, I…

NORMAN
You’re our son! How could you do this to us?

DAVID
I’m sorry for causing you so much worry dad. I thought you would be angry. That’s why I didn’t tell you I couldn’t study any more.

NORMAN
Of course I’m angry. Your mother has been sick with worry. But you didn’t have to disappear. What have you been doing all this time?

DAVID
I’ve been working. I work at the market. I’m going to be a partner in the business soon. And Dad…there’s something else. I’m with someone. And we have a baby boy (silence) Dad…? Are you still there?

NORMAN
Did you say you were married?

DAVID
Not exactly. I have a partner. Her name is Rose. And we have a son. Your grandson. Dad?

NORMAN
I’m here David. There’s too much to think about. I want you to come home.

DAVID
But I…

NORMAN
No buts. You need to come home. Bring her. Bring Rose and our grandson. Your mother and I love you, and we want to see you. We want to meet your family.


Custom Search

  ©Copyright by English 4 Student 2010. Contact us Advertising Send Articles Gửi Bài

Back to TOP